My client is looking for a highly motivated and experienced Speaker’s Assistant to join their mission of providing an exceptional speaker’s experience for our clients and audiences. This is a contract position for a highly sought-after, world-renowned professional speaker and author. They are looking for an individual with experience in working with high-level speaking professionals, C-Suite executives, and event management teams globally. Key attributes to the applicant best suited to this position include; highly professional, thorough, responsible, reliable, a warm communicator, and able to self-motivate with a flair for this work.
We are an ambitious operations management firm providing a high level of strategic organization, support, and efficiency for our clients. At Ops On Call Inc., we combine our strengths to offer professional, reliable, and second to none operations management.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background is critical for creating a positive environment for all contractors and leads to stronger outcomes and better products for our customers.
While we have high expectations of your skills and desire to work with us, we will also provide training for our processes and workflows for the right person. We are passionate about what we do and want to make sure you have the best chance of succeeding on our team.
Respond to speaking requests daily (scripting and processes provided).
Collaborate with the CEO to pass on details related to speaking events.
Liaise with special events coordinators – addressing all of our speaker’s needs.
Attend virtual meetings with Ops On-Call team related to all speaking events.
Available 20+ hours per week to start on a contract basis, with the capacity for additional hours as work expands over the short term.
Able to pivot rapidly with changing priorities.
Research travel (post-covid), present options to the CEO, and book flights, hotels, and transportation.
Coordinate all correspondence between CEO, event organizers, and team members.
Passionate about creating a seamless and professional experience for highly sought-after Speaker/Author.
- 5+ years as a Speaker’s Assistant or Executive Assistant to C-Suite professionals either as an independent contractor or employee.
- Experience in managing complex projects and multiple priorities from conception to completion.
- Works/lives in North America (4 hours x-over w PT) and is available as soon as possible.
- You have an eagle-eye for detail.
- You always triple-check your work.
- You are a “completer” and a “finisher”.
- You are solution-focused – when you see a problem arise, you come forward with a solution.
- Are willing to take the Kolbe A, Strengthfinders, and Value in Action assessments
- Experience with international media, world-renowned thought leaders, and celebrities.
- Socially aware, especially with global Indigenous communities.
- Well organized and self-motivated in taking initiative on projects and tasks.
- Detail-oriented, professional, and excellent communicator via phone, email, and chat.
- Ability to seek and give well-intentioned, real-time feedback with a constructive mindset in order for us all to improve.
- Looking to subcontract with an already cohesive team of highly organized professionals for the long term.
- Willing to provide a (mostly) exclusive commitment to client and not be currently building or expanding your business.
- High level of emotional intelligence and the willingness to improve and take constructive input.
Preferred Geographic Location: Canadian / 4 hours cross-over from PT
Type of Project: Ongoing
Hours per month; 40